Category: The Off Season
- The Bucks announced their summer league roster yesterday. Guys who could stick around into training camp? Aside from obviously the draft picks, I’d keep my eye on Juan Palacios from Loserville (Louisville) and Chris Richard who was the fifth wheel on the national championship teams at Florida.
- In one of the more surprising stories of free agency, the Bucks have persuaded Josh Childress to come and visit Milwaukee, writes Gary Woelfel. Childress if you remember, was unhappy with the Hawks pursuit of him last year and decided he’d be better off bolting to Europe for a year. He’s still property of the Hawks and may be visiting as a negotiating ploy, but it’s something to watch. He fits right in with the players the Bucks have acquired as of late. He can move between the two and the three and get up and down the court. He’s a very good defender and can shoot and slash. I’m getting way too excited just thinking about this.
- According to Sekou Smith, the aim may be to work out a sign-and-trade. Could this be the deal that ships out Luke Ridnour? The Hawks need a point guard if Mike Bibby doesn’t return. Just saying.
- We might want to hide this info from Josh Childress. The Bucks don’t stack up well in the Ultimate Standings.
- John Hammond was one of the first to call Ramon Sessions in the annual ritual of midnight calls to players on the first day of free agency Wednesday. That may sound silly, but it means a lot to players when teams do little things like that to show they want them.
- Kudos to Rob Mahoney over at Hardwood Paroxysm for having a firm grasp on what the Milwaukee Bucks are trying to do.