Buck Hits: 9-15
- I’ve taken sufficient time off to recover from the Ramon Sessions loss. I’ve never lost anyone close to me, so this is as big of a loss as I’ve ever suffered. Looking for words to describe his loss leaves me lost. I know Sessions isn’t a superstar or a player who’s necessarily crucial to the franchise’s long term stability, but he fits so well with the Bucks new plan, it only made sense to do everything possible to bring him back. But I don’t operate behind the scenes and I don’t know everything that goes on, so I’ll give the organization the benefit of the doubt and hope this goes well. I’m holding my breath.
- In relation to the Sessions is gone news, the best text message I got was from a friend of mine describing the Bucks new point guard philosophy: “Here’s the ball Brandon, bring it back when you’re done.”
- One of the things that has me thinking the organization knows what it’s doing in regard to Sessions? Ersan Ilyasova. Ersa Major went to work on Monday putting up 22 points and 11 boards with two blocks to round out the line. He was efficient from deep (4/7) and didn’t even get much help from Hedo Turkoglu (1/16 from the field). Ersa’s strong effort helped keep the Turks undefeated at 4-0. That includes a win against last year’s Olympic silver medalists of Spain, a game in which Ilyasova had 15. A very strong showing from him this summer. Hakim Warrick might have some competition for that starting power forward spot after all.
- In other EuroBasket news, Szymon Szewczyk seems to have looked good Monday, contributing 15 and 7 to help an overmatched Poland squad against Lithuania. As always, find all your EuroBasket news at The Painted Area.
- Ric Bucher analyzes the Bucks (Insider) as part of ESPN.com’s off-season summer buzz series. Bucher is excited to see the fireworks that he believes may fly when Scott Skiles and Brandon Jennings begin to clash.
- InsideHoops has an interview with Brandon Jennings about social networking. He vows to return…some day.
- While we’re talking about social media, there is a great article at Valley of the Suns, a Phoenix Suns blog on the topic. Worth the click I assure you.
- Notes from JSOnline. Included are Jennings thoughts on Ramon Sessions, Ersa Major blows up and the big news: pre-season tickets are on sale. That would explain the increased traffic in the downtown area last night.
Categories: Buck Hits