First off, an addition to the glossary from today’s earlier post. Pace factor is going to be a key for the Bucks this year and I am going to be keeping my eye on it and bringing it up constantly. Get to know it.
- The Sporting News has been counting backwards in a power poll to start the season. The Bucks rank 24. The always great Bethlehem Shoals is underwhelmed by the Bucks right now though.
- JSOnline reports that Ramon Sessions facing the Bucks was not exactly like Brett Favre facing the Packers. A mildly intriguing Scott Skiles quote in the article though:
“There’s an art to figuring it out, and it’s a very iffy business,” Bucks coach Scott Skiles said. “Sometimes guys continue to grow and grow and grow; other guys don’t. It’s very hard to project that.
So it kind of seems like maybe Skiles and John Hammond have a hunch that Ramon will not be one of those guys who continues to grow.
- In a notes package, Andrew Bogut speaks about getting through 82 games this year. If he can do that it will go a long way towards getting the Bucks back to respectable. Of course, it was only a week or two ago that Bogut was saying he’ll have to deal with back problems for probably the rest of his career, so I say we take things a day at a time ‘Drew.
- Alex over at BrewHoop checked out the Bucks open practice on Saturday. I was unable to attend (damn real job) but he does a terrific job breaking it down. Judging from the picture it looked like at least 15 people attended, so things are looking strong for the Bucks early season attendance.
- At Bucks Diary, Ty does a great job of analyzing the Bucks as defenders using the actual numbers. Some surprising numbers too. Would you have guessed that Charlie Bell was the worst Bucks defender last year?