Category: Buck Hits
A few notes from around the internet to get you through the day while you wait for the Bucks-Sixers this evening.
- Sebastian Pruti of NBA Playbook (and NetsAreScorching.com God bless him) takes a look at Andrew Bogut’s sick performance against the Mavs and simply asks (and answers) the question: How’d He Do That?
- More and more people seem to be taking note of Bogut’s improved play of late, including John Hollinger of ESPN.com. In selecting his all-star reserves (INSIDER), Hollinger mentions Bogut as a good candidate for injury replacement should someone not be able to perform:
For the frontcourt, I’d endorse Bogut over Lopez, Horford and Jamison. He’s been the strongest defensive player of the bunch and still posted solid offensive numbers, making him a major factor in Milwaukee’s surprising push into playoff contention.
It’s always nice to see some mainstream love for the Bucks and Bogut’s play of late certainly deserves some love.
- The NBA released the rosters for this year’s Rookie Challenge and, to no one’s surprise,Brandon Jennings will be taking part. Not taking part is Ersan Ilyasova who, despite okay looking numbers for a sophomore, simply can’t compete with a ridiculously stacked class. Click the link and marvel at how tough that group is.
- Over at HoopsAddict.com Ryan McNeil talks to Luke Ridnour about those damn low top shoes he wears among other things.
- In another Insider column, David Thorpe writes about Jennings, his number three rookie.
I’m really high on him. I see him as an artist who is years away from his prime. And just like Picasso or Dali, he has to spend years refining his craft before coming of age.
- The Bucks will be having an auction to benefit Haiti at their game against Philadelphia tonight and Haitian native Samuel Dalembert will address the crowd. Among things that will be auctioned are signed shoes and jerseys by Bucks players.