Milwaukee Bucks draft Jon Leuer with the 40th pick

| June 23, 2011

Category: Draft Talk

The Milwaukee Bucks selected Wisconsin Badger forward Jon Leuer with the 40th selection in the 2011 NBA draft Thursday evening. The 6-foot-11, 228 pound Leuer worked out with first round pick Tobias Harris on Tuesday.

Leuer led the Badgers with 18.3 points and 7.2 rebounds during his senior season en route to a First-Team All-Big Ten selection. He was an honorable mention AP All-American selection. His 621 points ranked as the third-highest single-season total in Badger history.

Leuer’s draft stock appeared to be in question before the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago, but he tested better than most expected athletically. Those skills combine with his accomplished college portfolio thrust him into late first round consideration before he eventually landed with Milwaukee.

Jeremy Schmidt writes the Milwaukee Bucks blog Bucksketball.com. Follow him on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.

Tags:

1. Josh says:

Leuer reminds me of Ersan’s stretch 4 game, am I crazy?

2. Noah says:

A better, more dynamic version of Ersan.

3. Sylvan says:

Wow, that must have been some workout

4. Jeremy Schmidt says:

@Josh
    Ersan comparisons are popular with Leuer. I’m not sure Leuer can step out and hit the three or rebound quite as well. But Ersan forgot how to shoot the three last season, so tough call at this point.

5. T-bone says:

I think Leur can be a good value pick and could be alot like Ersan……He Could be a poor mans version of Peja Styokovic!!!!! As far as a shooter goes……. but i m not sure what position he would Defend????? The nice thing is we can put him in the D-League to gain experience on Defense, then recall him later in the Year!!!!!!!!!!!! By the Way, That 1st Round pick, REALLY!?!?!?!?!? We dont need youth we need players who can step up NOW!!!!!! I say Trade him Dooling Brockman And maybe Steven Jackson (or any combo) for Andre Iguadalla and Haws or Speighths! Then We got Both Positions we NEEDED, #2 PG (udrih) & #2 Center + a new Starting SG– AI 2!!!!!!!!! If That goes Down, FINALS here we COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Clint says:

Leuer will be able to shoot and take charges. I think his odds of making the team are increased by the teams need for a tv ratings boost.