Milwaukee Bucks 2012 Summer League Schedule and Official Roster

| July 13, 2012

Category: Summer League

The Milwaukee Bucks Vegas Summer League will open up Monday, July 16 against the New Orleans Hornets.

The complete schedule with all times given in CST:

Monday – July 16 – New Orleans Hornets – 9:30 PM – NBA-TV
Tuesday – July 17 – No Game
Wednesday – July 18 – Washington Wizards – 3:00 PM – NBA-TV
Thursday – July 19 – NBA D-League – 9:00 PM – No TV
Friday – July 20 – No Game
Saturday – July 21 – Boston Celtics – 9:30 PM – NBA-TV
Sunday – Chicago Bulls – 3:00 PM – No TV

Earlier this week, the Bucks expanded their roster to 19 players.

PlayerPositionHeightWeightDate of BirthCollegeExperience
Doron LambG6-421011/06/91KentuckyR
DJ MbengaC7-024512/30/80Congo9
Aaron MilesG6-117504/13/83Kansas1
Jamarr SandersG6-521008/02/88UABR
Larry SandersF6-1123511/21/88VCU2
Cameron WellsG6-119509/23/88CitadelR

The most recent additions were veteran center D.J. Mbenga and former Wisconsin Badger Brian Butch. Butch had been slated to play for the Atlanta Hawks team in Vegas, but a change in philosophy on the Hawks part led him to ask for a release.

“It was my choice. Not by any means did they kick me out of there. But I want to go somewhere where I can play and be seen. In summer league, that’s what it’s all about. And making sure you’re going to play is the biggest thing.’’

Mbenga has played parts of seven seasons in the NBA, averaging 1.8 points and 1.5 rebounds per game. He won two NBA titles with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Who are you looking most forward to watching next week?

Tags: , ,

1. PattiRafalskiDavison says:

Okay…I’ll bite.  Besides watching all the players that the Bucks already have under contract, I will be watching to see Jamarr Sanders 6’5″ G and Jarrid Famous 6’11″ F/C.  Both 24 and seem to be motivated.

•  @PattiRafalskiDavison Yeah, most intriguing are certainly the Bucks own guys, but I’m going to be watching Aaron Miles and DJ Mbenga with interest as well.

Famous does sound interesting too.

• vijayswearingen says:

@PattiRafalskiDavison Jamarr Sanders…that’s the Sanders we should hold onto. Smart kid, very explosive and defensive minded. He won a D League Championship with the Spurs squad (Lobos) last season.

2. JustinNixon says:

definitely want to see our guys play.. hope Henson gets to show that he is a better offensive player than we think, if the ball ever leaves Tobias’ hands.. other than that I really wanna see if Xavier Gibson has any game

Poor Butchie, still trying to latch on an NBA team

3. MatthewSchwendinger says:

@jeremyschmidt Where can we catch some of these games either online or television???

4. Teddddd says:

Butch went to my high school so ive been a big fan of his for years unfortunately for him he is caught up in the Bucks PF logjam and wont get a chance to truly showcase his talent, if he makes his way to the NBA this season it’s going to have to be through the D-League again. I Wish him the best of luck he’s a good guy who’s been hit by the injury bug like a ton of bricks throughout his basketball career. Hard to believe he was once the 9th best player in the country coming out of high school

5. MatthewSchwendinger says:

One thing I am excited to see this Summer and hopefully translated into the new season is Larry Sanders. I just think that this is his make or break year…either he “gets it” or “doesn’t” as an NBA caliber player. I.e. he either proves it this year or not.

• PattiRafalskiDavison says:

@MatthewSchwendinger Agree….. and now that 76ers signed Kwame Brown to 2 year $6M contract he’ll have his chance!

• MatthewSchwendinger says:

@PattiRafalskiDavison I think that’s a slap to Elton Brand. They think Kwame is better than him. I can’t wait to see how that works out for them + always injured Spencer Hawes.

• JustinNixon says:

@MatthewSchwendinger  I don’t think one has to do with the other.. Brand is not a center and was overpaid.. he was due $18 million this year

@jeremyschmidt  why does it seem like re-negotiating contracts isn’t common on the NBA level as it is in other pro sports?

6. jr8812 says:

Cam Wells. He had a great college career, is as physically gifted as a 6’1 guy can be (6’9 Wingspan) and was his league MVP as a rookie in Denmark. Kid can play

7. BrianShetrompf says:

good first step for the guys tonight tobias looked really good and if Famous plays like he did consistently tonight i think he makes the roster

• JustinNixon says:

@BrianShetrompf Famous and Gibson played really well together, but someone is gonna lose playing time with Henso coming back.. let’s see how they do against a team with front court players above 6’8″ first.. Austin Rivers the next Kobe? HAHAHAHAHAHA…. And I would like Lamb to get more time as a primary ball handler.. It seemed like the ball died too much with the point guards

• BrianShetrompf says:

@JustinNixon I would also like to see a killer instinct out of the guys the last few minutes was painful to watch

• JustinNixon says:

@BrianShetrompf If frickin’ Larry Sanders did anything positive we wouldn’t have been that mess

• BrianShetrompf says:

@JustinNixon Sanders is such an inconsistent player and is probably one of the most frustrating due to the belief of the talent level he has…

8. vijayswearingen says:

Jarrid Famous appears underrated. Potentially a solid double double guy. 6’11″ with a nice shooter’s touch.

9. ThisIsntUnicef says:

Austin Rivers looked like garbage. I think the A button on his controller is broken. I know Leapin’ Larry had some awful fouls, but the refs gifted a couple of those to Rivers. I’m confident Larry Sanders will get his poop together. Jarrid Famous played very well.

Harris looked great. I’m very impressed with how well he trimmed down and how committed he was on defense. Lamb is every bit the player people have been talking about. Can’t wait to see Hensen.