I’m really nauseous and stuffy right now, so that must mean the existentialist horror of the Milwaukee Bucks regular season is a week away. In January, we’ll all be reminiscing about the halcyon days that were the Bucks (possibly) .500 preseason.
Through preseason here is what we know that we know and what we know that we don’t know and what we don’t know what we don’t know:
What we know that we know:
- Tobias Harris is the starting small forward.
- Samuel Dalembert, Mike Dunleavy, Drew Gooden, and Beno Udrih are the first guys off the bench.
- Doron Lamb is good at leaking out.
- John Henson, Ekpe Udoh, and Larry Sanders block a lot of shots.
- The Bucks aren’t particularly adept at defensive rebounding.
We know that we don’t know:
- Who is the starting center?
- Will Lamb and Henson get minutes?
- Can Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis get along?
- Can Lamb perform well in the halfcourt offense?
We don’t know that we don’t know:
Please share any other preseason revelations in the comments.
The Minnesota Timberwolves are one of the few teams dealing with much worse injuries than the Bucks. Kevin Love broke his hand doing knuckle push-ups. He is scheduled to be out for another 5 – 7 weeks. Ricky Rubio isn’t scheduled to return for 5 – 7 weeks as well. The Bucks will play a regular season against the Timberwolves in Minnesota before either return.
Choose the Form of the Destroyer
What the Timberwolves do have is Nikola Pekovic. With Love and Rubio gone, Pekovic becomes one of the Timberwolves top offensive options. He’s an efficient scorer and a strong rebounder.
He is also terrifying. Here is one of his tattoos:
Here is another tatoo:
I am concerned for Larry Sanders.
Ekpe Udoh All Star Watch
Haha, ok, I saw yesterday that the usurper of my game previews tried to make this a Larry Sanders All Star Watch. FAT CHANCE! That’s so whack, it’s first name should be knick knack paddy.
Prediction: Everyone has a safe Halloween everyone.