Bucks hold on for first win of preseason
Five Things We Saw
- Butler, Mayo, Ridnour and Gary Neal combined for 29-48 FG (60.4%). They scored 79 points on those 48 shots.
- The one area in which the perimeter guys suffered? High passes/lobs to Sanders, especially out of the pick and roll. The timing isn’t there yet. They had more missed connections than Craigslist.
- The quality of this game — both from the Knicks and the Bucks — marked a vast improvement over anything else this preseason. Both teams wanted to win, and Knicks’ coach Mike Woodson even inserted Anthony back in the game late to try to eke out a comeback win.
- 16 offensive rebounds for the Knicks. The Bucks are routinely holding their opponents under the 43% threshold they set for themselves, but they consistently shoot themselves in the foot with missed rebounding chances. New York stayed alive in this game by scoring on second chances.
- Aaron Rodgers was at the game.