Four Things We Saw
- The Bucks continued their streaky ways from last season, opening up a 21-point lead at one point in the game and then giving it all back and more before losing by seven.
- After the game, Larry Drew expressed concerns about the “sense of urgency” he saw from his team when the Bobcats started on their eventual game-winning run. It seemed like the same old Bucks story – look good at the beginning and fade away at the end. Hopefully this doesn’t continue to be a trend.
- This is the second time in three games that a training camp invitee looked great in a preseason game. First Stephen Graham, now Olek Czyz. However, it’s still unlikely that either – or Trey McKinney-Jones for that matter – has a shot of making the regular season roster.
- Jannero Pargo and Bismack Biyombo – not exactly big names in the NBA had huge games in separate ways (24 points for Pargo, 21 rebounds for Biyombo) that ended up sinking the Bucks. It’s hard to win letting near-unknowns have career days against you. The Bucks defense improved tonight compared to the other two games, but it needs to be able to lock down in crunch time if this team is going to improve in close games.
Next game: At Memphis on Tuesday night.
About the Author (Author Profile)Mitch has been a fan of the Bucks since the days of Big Dog, Ray Ray, and Sammy C. He's abnormally optimistic about the team even through the rough times and spends far too much time on ESPN's Trade Machine trying to make things better. He's 6'0", 170 and sees himself as more of a distributor than a scorer. Find him on Twitter @mitchvomhof
Sites That Link to this Post
- Daybreak Doppler: Wins All Around | PocketDoppler.com | October 14, 2013
- NBA Preview: Central Division | the movoli blog | October 22, 2013