Giannis Antetokounmpo came off the bench to help Team Hill complete a 142-136 victory over Team Webber. He finished with 9 points — making all three of his field goal attempts — as well as 2 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 swell block of a Tim Hardaway, Jr. jump shot. He got three of his points in the game’s final moments.
In no particular order, Giannis also:
– Got to try a taste of authentic New Orleans jambalaya for the first time.
– Made a halfcourt shot in a shooting competition during the Rising Stars practice.
– Got to meet Karl Malone, who gave the rookie some words of encouragement. “Keep working hard. You’ve got the skills and you can do it.” (Note: the link is a very rough translation from Greek).
– Broke apart a pair of latex gloves that were no match for his 25 cm. hands during an NBA Cares event.
About the Author (Author Profile)Husband. Father. Blogger. Retired mathlete. I covered Larry Sanders' "Three Thumbs Up" game as credentialed media -- and failed to see well enough to witness the thumbing as it happened. On Twitter, I'm anaheimamigos.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Daybreak Doppler: Badgers Come Up Big | PocketDoppler.com | February 17, 2014