Bucks announce preseason schedule

The Milwaukee Bucks have announced their preseason schedule today:

Date Opponent Location Time (CT)
Tuesday, Oct. 6 @ Chicago United Center 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 10 vs. Detroit BMO Harris Bradley Center 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 13 @ Cleveland Quicken Loans Arena 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 17 vs. Washington BMO Harris Bradley Center 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 20 vs. Minnesota Kohl Center (Madison, WI) 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 23 @ Minnesota Target Center 7:00 p.m.

The annual Green Bay game has been replaced with a Madison game and there’s still plenty of Bucks-Timberwolves hoops.

Jason Kidd used last preseason to toy with a number of different lineup combinations and given the positional fluidity of this season’s expected roster, he’ll surely toy with a variety of different rotations this season again. I’d expect more of regular guys in different positions with different players around them than guys like Marcus Landry getting big minutes.

I’m not much of a fan of preseason hoops, but preseason basketball means regular season hoops are just around the corner, so the month of October is a good one. But would anyone object to cutting preseason games in half? It’d be nice to get the season started quicker and space it out a bit more. The NFL can’t do this because they make tons of money off preseason games, but having been to many Bucks preseason games over the past five years, I can’t help but notice attendance is sparse. Would they really lose much money by axing three games?

More important than all of this? Is preseason just one word or is it a hyphenated word? Same with offseason. I deal with these issues every season and I see a variety of different spellings. It looks like AP Style is offseason and preseason, but I don’t know, that feels weird to me. I think I’d like a hyphen.

The season starts soon.